Are you silent or have you ever felt silenced? I'm not talking about the silenced where you were rudely interrupted or you were given the universal finger to mouth symbol for shush...I mean the type of silencing where your voice AND your choice are ripped from you? Well, today's show is for the the survivors...even the ones who haven't reclaimed their voice yet. TODAY! We really mean it when we say, your story deserves a stage! Let's go!
What's In Store For You
Greta McClain has served as a police officer for 12 years. She is a United Nations Global Goals Ambassador and was recently named United State of Women Ambassador.
Great is the chairperson of Puddles and Paws and is the recipient of Mary Catherine Strobel award for social justice work in the community.
- [04:40] Greta explains more about being named United State of Women Ambassador.
- [06:40] How did Greta lose her voice and her choice? She shares more.
- [08:05] Greta reflects on the emotional and mental effects she endured after her ordeal.
- [12:26] How did Great deal with the experience of not being able to share her story due to the fear of being blamed?
- [16:31] After years of living with this ordeal in silence, what was Greta's turning point?
- [20:43] How does sharing her story provide healing based on her own personal experience?
- [22:43] Greta gives advice on how outsiders can assist persons who become victims of these ordeals.
- [26:41] What is Silent No Longer Tennessee? Greta tells us more about her organization.
- Text 410-936-4049 and be a part of Robert's community.
- Monday Morning Get Up every Mondays at 8:30AM Eastern Time - join me and be energized!
- Storytellers Growth Lab - get guidance about how you can CONFIDENTLY CONNECT, PRESENT POWERFULLY & ENGAGE EFFECTIVELY!
- What's My Story Live episode replay
- Story To Stage Summit - Text 410-936-4049 for more details and to get on the waiting list.
- Silent No Longer Tennessee (silentnolongertn.org)